In the low-income group, there are many aged people who are unable to take care of themselves due to old age, illness and different physical and intellectual challenges. Many are neglected or abandoned by their families. In this scenario, there is a need for permanent care home for the aged and the vulnerable especially in the urban, rural, and peri-urban areas.
Initiated in 2022, Moodana Sandhya Kirana is a proposed 24/7 permanent home for destitute & vulnerable women and oldage couples, which will provide them with basic amenities such as food, lodging and medical care.
With a proposed capacity to house 200 persons, Moodana Sandhya Kirana will have separate sections for development activities for children, farming, cow rearing, folk art and craft related activities. The project proposes to create an eco-system that is based on traditional values, and provideits residents to live a holistic and meaningful life.
- Alanguru village, Mulbagal taluk (Kolar District) Karnataka
Creating a core committee to design the project, obtain land with all permissions, design the building, raise funds and constructing the centre
Equip the centre with facilities for various activities – residential rooms, dining rooms andrecreational hall,
- Recreational facilities (yoga, meditation, cultural programmes)
- Integrating folk art and craft culture into the lifestyle of the residents and the children.
- Providing a forum for rural artists and artisans to showcase and market their talent.
- Developing goshala and organic agricultural activities for sustainability
- Creating financial back-up for middle aged women and men.
- Counselling and family reintegration.
Launching of the centre and conducting the following activities:
About 200 persons including destitute women, aged couples and children will have access to basic amenities, and live in dignity and comfort, in a safe, secure, and comfortable environment.
Develop a 200 bedded center with the involvement of the community, stakeholders, Departments, and corporates.