Greetings from Sparsha Trust!
We are inviting to all our supporters and well-wishers for our annual program “Global Friends of Sparsha” that is being organized on 7th November 2020 from 6 PM to 7.30 PM IST.
Sparsha Trust is a registered charitable organization working for the holistic development of needy and vulnerable children and is focused on protection of Child Rights. The Trust is backed by committed luminaries, social activists, industry professionals and respected business leaders – who are associated with Sparsha. Sparsha Trust is based in Bangalore and works in the city and adjoining areas through various interventions.
The Covid-19 pandemic has affected most of us at a personal and professional level, therefore it is even more important for us to support each other at a time like this. This is doubly true for the most vulnerable communities among us. The health risks and the economic challenges for children and for the adults they depend upon creates great stress on children already living in difficult circumstances of poverty, abuse and neglect.
Since the Covid-19 pandemic started, we at Sparsha Trust have regularly sanitized the facilities and focussed on health, nutrition and medical care of our children in compliance with all safety guidelines. Many of our dedicated staff stayed with the children during the extended shutdown, and rose to the challenge of keeping the children safe and occupied, focusing on positive, rewarding activities such as tree planting, developing sustainable activities, painting the campus, sport and learning.
Even so, at our Nisarga Grama residential center, we faced an outbreak in August that affected 65 children and staff members. Special thanks to the doctors and child welfare officials who helped us solve this challenge and return our children and staff to health. Tragically, one of our beloved and dedicated staff members succumbed to the virus.
We are thankful to our supporters who have stood behind us during these testing times. It is only due to your support that we have come this far, growing from strength to strength. Our work enrolled 3000 children to schools through residential and non-residential centers, 170 Anganwadis (child creches) 5 government schools, 10 mobile creches, vocational training programmes for about 400 young adults, and our Child Helpline 1098 project, which itself has benefited 1200 children every year.
Overview of Friends of Sparsha program
We are organizing our very important annual outreach program called “Friends of Sparsha” on 7th November 2020. We will be honored if you can participate in this program.
• “Friends of Sparsha” is an annual program where we address our current & prospective supporters and update them about the progress made on our various commitments
• This platform also inspires participants and reinforces their commitment to contribute and join us to complete our dream project of creating a 300 children development centre at Bangalore Rural.
• In 2020, we are organizing this as a virtual event and thus will extend its reach to audiences around 1000+ from all across the world.
• We are organizing this event from 6 PM to 7.30 PM IST on 7th November 2020
• This event is also a part of our effort to raise sources and get more organizations and corporates to join with us to retain and sustain the initiatives of Sparsha